Online Business Programs for High School Students
Explore the business and finance fields before college
Thinking about going into the field of entrepreneurship, business, or finance and want a real-world taste of what it’s like? These online courses in business, designed for high school students ages 13 and up, have been created for this purpose. We offer exciting topics, covered in-depth, through online coursework. You’ll learn from Wake Forest entrepreneurs, professionals, and professors with the support of mentors. These courses are available year-round, and the online format allows you to study anywhere, anytime, while working at your own pace. This flexibility allows you to take multiple courses and discover a variety of academic areas of interest.
Multiple 2- and 4-week sessions.
For students completing grades 9-12, ages 13+.
Current Courses Available:
Business: Strategy & Innovation
Want to learn how business drives innovation? Curious about how strategic decisions are made? Interested in game-changers like Netflix and Apple? If you want to prepare for a future in today’s agile and entrepreneurial business environment, this course is for you.
Hear from award-winning Wake Forest Professor and former CEO Dr. Dan Fogel and business expert Lee Weiss through dynamic videos.
The Future of Finance
New advances like fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain and ESG investing are disrupting financial markets. Here is a course that invites you to dive into equity markets and stock exchanges, understand how technologies empower individuals to take control of their financial futures and see how these changes are rocking corporate investing.
Hear from Wake Forest University’s Stephan D. Shipe, PhD, CFA, CFP, assistant teaching professor of finance.
Hear From Wake Forest University
How You Will Benefit:
- Courses are available throughout the year — pick business courses that fit your passion and your schedule
- Suitable for high school students ages 13 and up — so you can start exploring the fields of business and finance early on
- Experience what it’s like to study with renowned Wake Forest University professors while you’re in high school
- For each course, earn a Certificate of Completion from Wake Forest University that you can include with your college applications
3 Learning Advantages Designed for You
Final Capstone Project
All medicine courses culminate in a special Capstone project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you've learned in a presentation
- Choose from a variety of topics covered in your course to show what you’ve learned
- Use any media you prefer— text, video, photography, PowerPoint
Mentors provide support and answer questions to deepen your learning experience. You can expect:
- Expertise in your course’s particular field
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments
- Inspiration, motivation, and confidence to help you succeed
- Brainstorming and ideation help as you prepare for your final Capstone project
- 100% online, works with your schedule
- Multiple courses can be taken to maximize your learning experience
- 20 - 30 hours of total instruction and activities per course, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support
- Meet fellow students online from around the world
How to Apply
It’s easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Just provide some basic information and tell us why you wish to take this program.
NOTE: please submit all application materials in English.
Begin the guided process. It should take only a few minutes of your time to answer the questions.Begin the guided process
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you be graded? What are assignments like? How much time do you get to turn around a project? When do you find out if you’re accepted?Answers to your questions here
Want to study on campus?
Wake Forest University offers a variety of Summer Immersion Courses on campus that allow high school students to explore their interests and experience being taught by our professors.Learn More About Summer Immersion
We offer need-based scholarships in each cohort to students exhibiting high potential who need assistance affording the associated cost. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Are unsure about whether or not you applied for a scholarship, reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance.