Online Immersion Programs for High School Students
Explore your interests before college
Are there subjects you’re thinking about taking in college but would like to know more about? The Online Immersion Program, designed for high school students ages 13 and up, has been created for this purpose. It offers exciting topics, covered in depth, through online coursework led by Wake Forest University professors. The program is available year-round, and the online format allows you to study anywhere, anytime, while working at your own pace.
2020 Program Dates
Multiple 2- and 4-week sessions.
For students completing grades 9-12, ages 13+ by June 2020.
$995 / $1195
Current Courses Available:
Discover the entrepreneurial mindset
Subscribe, Innovate, Disrupt: An Insider's Guide to Business
Want to learn what makes innovation and entrepreneurship happen? Interested in today’s game-changing companies such as Netflix and Apple? Wondering what college majors prepare you for our agile, fast-moving and entrepreneurial business environment? This course is for you.
Learn from award-winning Wake Forest Professor and former CEO Dr. Dan Fogel, a specialist in business innovation.
Learn More About Business
Journey into the heart of medicine
Making the Rounds: An Insider’s Guide to Becoming a Doctor
Thinking about going to med-school, but want a real-world taste of what it’s like? Want an introduction to both the science and practice of medicine in a modern hospital? Interested in healthcare careers, but not sure which path is best for you? Take this course, and experience the life-cycle of a heart attack patient and how a treatment team works.
You’ll be guided by Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty Dr. Lindsay Strowd and Dr. Roy Strowd — two of our most popular professors.
Learn More About Medicine
Discover the science of who you are
The Mystery & Science of Human Behavior: An Insider’s Guide to Psychology
Wonder how your brain processes information? Want to study what triggers your emotions? Need to improve the way you think? Don’t miss this course which takes you behind the scenes of the human brain.
You’ll be taught by two leaders in Psychology at Wake Forest. Dr. Christian Waugh is a specialist in cognitive neuroscience, and Dr. Melissa Maffeo Masicampo is a specialist in neuroscience and adolescent addiction.
Launching Fall 2020
Learn More About Psychology
How You Will Benefit:
- Online immersion makes courses available throughout the year — pick a subject that fits your passion and your schedule
- Suitable for high school students ages 13 and up — so you can start exploring your interests early on
- Experience what it’s like to study with renowned Wake Forest University or Wake Forest School of Medicine professors while you’re in high school
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from Wake Forest University that you can include with your college applications
3 Learning Advantages Designed for You
Final Capstone Project
All online immersion courses culminate in a special Capstone project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you've learned in a presentation
- Choose from a variety of topics covered in your course to show what you’ve learned
- Use any media you prefer— text, video, photography, PowerPoint
You’ll receive guidance from a Wake Forest mentor through online group sessions. Mentors provide support and answer questions to deepen your learning experience. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments
- Inspiration, motivation and confidence to help you succeed
- Brainstorming and ideation help as you prepare for your final Capstone project
- 100% online, works with your schedule
- 30 hours of total instruction and course work, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support
- Meet fellow students online from around the world
How to Apply
It’s easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application will ask you to provide the following:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- Why you wish to take this course.
- You can tell your story through writing, video, photos — any media you prefer.
Begin the guided process. It should take only a few minutes of your time to answer the questions.Begin the guided process
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you be graded? What are assignments like? How much time do you get to turn around a project? When do you find out if you’re accepted?Answers to your questions here
Want to study on campus?
Wake Forest University offers a variety of Summer Immersion Courses on campus that allow high school students to explore their interests and experience being taught by our professors.Learn More About Summer Immersion